Thursday, October 1, 2009

Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With Strings

These are a few of my favorite things!  
I'm starting a new series based on my current and all time favorite natural hair-care related things. 

Coming out of today's brown paper bag are my absolute basic necessities to keeping my hair happy and healthy:


Aloe Vera Gel/Jelly
I absolutely love, love, love aloe vera gel. I started using aloe vera gel about a month ago and I feel like my curls have been more moisturized and defined with slightly less shrinakge. I squeeze a glob into my hand (sometimes with a dab of glycerin) rub it through my hair and give a good shake to moisturize and give great definition. I also use it to refresh my hair for effortless day two hair.


Coconut Oil
I've been a long time lover of coconut oil.  Yes, I keep a spoon in the jar for easy access-- it's that good. It moisturizes, it seals, it leaves your hair smelling delicious and tropical. Get some.


My Satin Hair Bonnet
Yes, that's a picture of me ready for bed with my head covered. Please note the total lack of shame in my game. Protecting your hair is the most important step your can take to ensure its health. Aloe vera gel and coconut oil are major components in my nighttime hair regimen (details coming shortly) but my hair bonnet is the string that ties up that perfect package. It keeps my hair protected while I sleep and keeps it from getting dried out or tangled. Love it. 

There you go, the first installment of my Favorite Things: The Basics. 

Until next time, keep it happy and healthy.






No comments:

Post a Comment